Useful Files You Can Download
Here are some utilities and other little helper things that I find useful. Some of these files are hard to find on the 'Net.
- Stroud's Consummate Winsock Apps. Forrest H. Stroud has collected together in one place all of the best Internet applications you could hope for! Dozens of popular Web browsers, e-mail clients, FTP programs, graphics packages, etc., are arranged in an easy to search, easy to download format. You gotta' love it! Thanks, Forrest!
- All About .ZIP Files. Have you downloaded a compressed ".ZIP" file and don't know what to do with it? ZIP files contained compressed files that you can extract once you download them to your hard drive. Many programs that you can download from the internet are stored in the compressed ZIP format to save you download time. Click on this link for quick and dirty guides, as well as in-depth guides, on "unzipping" .ZIP files! The guides include links to all of the most popular utilities for managing .ZIP files.
- CaseLinr (cassette liner). This nifty little program for Windows makes great looking "inserts" for homemade audio cassette tapes. It comes in Windows 95 and Windows 3.x version. It keeps your tape collection neat and tidy. Title and song information is easy to read.
- Sort Directories by Size! (approx. 25K). BDS (Barron Directory Sort) is an MS-DOS utility that will sort the directories on your hard disk by amount of hard disk space used. A great way to find out which directories are hogging all of that missing disk space.
- Neverlock (approx. 220K). This DOS program will remove annoying copy protection from hundreds of games. Stop carting around the manual to your favorite game just so you can look up a word or secret code! Note: This product is endorsed for legitimate game owners only and is not intended for use in making illegal copies of commercial software.
7347 S. Brook Forest Road
Evergreen, Colorado 80439 USA